We (as in 3 sisters, with various spouses, grown kids, boyfriends and girlfriends)
were at Marble Beach State Park on Spirit Lake in Iowa. We were in a quiet area of the campground with our tents. I brought along my geocaching quilt.
A couple weeks ago I received a surprise package.
Inside were a couple of pink flamingos.
She thought I would think they were ridiculous and silly.
BUT, I loved them.
They came camping and so did the doll mrs. browndirt.
We went geocaching
We went painting at Creative Spirit Okoboji
They were doing owls that evening in the studio.
We made wood block signs. I have all kinds of scrap wood. We put some of it to use. It was only me and Jane doing this. Others would come over to check out our mess, but no one else wanted to do one. I gave the glamping sign to my sister Jenny.
She is always a glamour girl, even when camping.
Today seems like a good day to go work on some backing and get a quilt in to be quilted.
Not the cow quilt. He needs to be worked on yet too.
All in good time.
4 comments:
What fun! Love the flamingos (our sons' BSA troop had a pair that went to summer camp each year - got kidnapped and held hostage by other troops - hilarity all around).
How lovely to spend time with family. Of course I love those pink flamingos :)
Glad you made it home all safe and sound....AND that you survived it all. Sleeping at night if it's hot without my little fan might be a problem for me!
Looks and sounds like a LOT of fun though! Of course THE FLAMINGOS helped spruce up the looks of the campsite I'm sure. I know all the other campers were certainly jealous!
I was wondering if you got any geocaching worked in amongst all the arts and crafts going on. I find it's hard to stop painting "stuff" once you get started....right?
Well, I'm glad the "varmints" didn't get to you in the night and you got home with all your toes in tack!
It looks like a good time was had by all..... even Mrs. Browndirt!
Post a Comment