I need to catch up with all my Block Lotto blocks for the last few months.
In May I won the flying geese. I love them.
I am not sure what I will do.
But, the more I look at this picture, the more I lean towards making a quilt with this layout.
Then we made tall sailboats.
All year we have been making tall blocks. I am liking this change of pace from square blocks.
July was I-spy-houses. I was surprised by how much novelty fabric I had.
Now we already into August.
Tall stars, or wide stars. I love these stars. I have made several extras....
A couple days ago I started making sailboats.
I had a stack of cherrywood scraps to use.
I kept sewing and sewing, trying to get a sailboat that looked like a picture I had seen.
I never did quite get it. But ended up with a nice stack of sailboats.
At the same time I was making the red stars.
I laid it with my sailboats and was excited by how it looked.
I have enough for nine of these big chunky blocks. This is a quilt for my sister-in-law. She and her husband have a sailboat. They go just about every weekend.
Red sky at night, sailors delight!
I never got Easy Street hung up,
BUT
I did get the guys just to hold it up for a picture.
I pieced the back. It was a big 9-patch. Now its more a wonky 9-patch.
That's all for now. I can't find the picture of my scrappy trip around the world.
Over half the blocks are done, the rest is in tubes ready to cut and resew.
10 comments:
great blocks, great quilt layout and great finish! three greats!
I love the sailboats and stars together! And your Easy Street is awesome - I don't think I've ever seen the whole thing! Very nice!
I love those color-saturated, big chunky blocks. The stars and sailboats are perfect together. And I still like that arrangement of the flying geese blocks.
This would be a great post to share on the on the BLock Lotto Weekend Update if you have the time and inclination. I'm sure everyone would love to see what you've been up to ...
There's so much I love about this post. I also won the geese lotto blocks. I have "runways" added to them, but haven't stitched the blocks together yet. I LOVE the wonky nine patch on the back of your quilt. I've got to remember that one. I don't usually have enough fabric for a back since I'm a scrappy quilter too. Your sailboats are darling AND they go great with the stars. I hope to work on my stars today. Keep up the great work. Seems like we do several similar QA's and such.
I love the stars With the sailboats! Actually I love all your projects. Thanks for posting them.
What fabby projects, lucky lady! Flying geese flying after each other? Perfect :)
I playing catch up on all your projects , all are awesome . I have been having some grandma time, and biking. I need to blog again.
your blocks are gorgeous, and I LOVE the stars with the sailboats!
Look at all the sewing you've been doing! I'm jealous. Lovely stuff!
Oh, I LOVE how you laid out the Tall Star blocks! I would like to "steal" your layout for my Tall Stars blocks that I won. Would you mind? That layout would make a 15 inch block and 12 blocks would use 48 stars (I'm getting 50)which would be a nice size quilt. What do you think?
Post a Comment