Friday, January 24, 2014

in the middle of all kinds of things.....


My cousin called me tonight. She told me I hadn't blogged since the panda bear at the end of December.
Really?? I checked. She was right.
I couldn't believe it.
I finished making maple leaves. It will be a log cabin type setting. I am in the middle of adding the logs. But I put those aside to work on....


A t-shirt quilt for Crispy's girlfriend. 
I ran out of interfacing for the backs. Another project on hold. 
Although I could start making the columns with what is ready.

Or, here is something else to work on....


The tea-towel quilt. I have thought about this a lot. I think I have a plan now.
Just can't bring myself to cut and commit. 



Then there is always my contracted braille class.


At the rate I am going it will take me a couple years to finish this.
I love doing it, but it really takes all of my concentration to get the lesson ready to mail.
Then I am on pins and needles waiting to hear from the instructor. 
I've been doing pretty good, so far. My lowest grade is a B+,
I always think...this will be the perfect assignment....but no, I mess up something.

We are in a blizzard watch. I was totally unaware of this until I talked to my cousin.
It is also the weekend. One or more of these projects will get worked on!




5 comments:

sophie said...

What pretty leaf blocks and the fabrics for your tea towel challenge look great, too. Sometimes it seems like we can live life or ... blog about it.

I hope you can stay warm inside during the storm ... at least I know you have projects to keep you entertained.

Karen H said...

You have been busy! Everything looks great. I need to get my tea towel and fabrics put together. I kind of figure I'll just wing it as I go. We'll see. I like Sophie's comment about we can live life or blog about it. So true!

roccagal said...

luv the maple leaves, after all i am a Canadian(a fave block for sure!)

-the fabric for the TT Challenge are fabulous!
I have done a fair chunk of my TT challenge but I need to get some backings ready for a couple of other projects immediately as i have a date with a long arm!
Keep warm!

Sharon said...

Hope you're warm and safe and sewing like crazy this weekend!

Looks like you've got lots of choices to work on. They all look great! I can't wait to see what you do with the maple leaf blocks.

Carol E. said...

You're trying to learn Braille? Kudos to you. It's hard! I learned (or started to learn) the simple, introductory style. Even that I couldn't handle.

Can't wait to see what you do with your tea towel. Gotta get back to mine. It's kind of in-betweeny right now.