Sunday, January 26, 2014

things went well yesterday...


I started adding the logs to the maple leaves yesterday. The pattern calls for one more row of logs. But I like it with just the two.
These were stacked up while I think.


This only needs one more seam and the corners added. 
Then borders, still thinking on that one.

We are still in blizzard warning. Not much snow has fallen. But the NW winds will pick up and we will be falling back into the cold arctic air. I will mostly stay in and sew some more.


8 comments:

sophie said...

I like the balance of maple leaf to logs just the way they are now ... but I'll bet if you decide to add to them, it'll be the right choice and I'll like them just as much ;-)

The star blocks look great. I would never in a million years have thought to use pink for the setting triangles, but it really works well!

Your weather sounds borderline scary. I hope you can keep entertaining yourself and stay well out of it.

roccagal said...

Maple leaves look really great with the logs!really great fabrics so rich looking!
OMG that pink! It really adds the WOW factor! brilliant choice!

Karen H said...

You got a lot accomplished over the weekend! Great job. I feel like I am just spinning my wheels. Oh well. Slow and steady...... :)

Ginny said...

Both of your projects look great! Are they both from Block Lotto? Very nice, either way.

Linda Kay said...

Love your colors in both quilts! I especially like the pink on the second one. It looks cheerful, not especially girly. Stay warm.

Browndirtcottage said...

Ouuuuu…..aahhhhhh! I'm diggin' both of these. The leaf one is not what I visioned in my mind on how you were going to finish it…very cool!
I also agree with Linda Kay….the pink is fab but doesn't even resemble 'girly'…….I.WANT.

Tanya said...

Julie, one thing that really stands out about your blog (and I don't know if you notice it) is all the color you use in your quilts and projects. The photos are so eye-catching. They really make a blog visitor smile.

Vesuviusmama said...

I recently saw a quilt like the maple leaf one in a magazine and tagged it for making. We're like twins or something!