The paper piecing project...
Tractor joe calls our niece Amanda Panda. So, just days before Christmas, I was paper piecing. As I worked on it, I was absolutely sure I would NEVER do it again.
It is confusing.
And messy. But I kept going.
Here is the finished mug rug. I think it is about 8 by 10 inches.
It is supposed to be a 6 inch block, but when I printed it....
it was more like 8 inches square. This was okay, some of the sections are so small!
Amanda loved her panda, and as the pain of this subsides....
I may even make another one someday.
The Money Tree....
I wanted a tree to dispense dollar bills that I had taped together into a roll. Only I had no idea how to make one. I opened up a box of never used Christmas decorations...
Found an angel to use instead.
This was for a 20 something nephew. He had the biggest frown of confusion as he followed the directions on his gift.
Just in case he only lifted the tag, I wrote "the dress, not the tag"
I cut a slit in the tube so the rolled money would pull out. He pulled about 10 bills out right away. I told him that I should have added "as needed" so he re-rolled them and put them back in place.
I think he liked it.
The mystery continues....
We are at step 5 with Bonnie's mystery. I am still sewing that step together.
I had a few done, so I played with all the sections.
This could go in a lot of different directions. I'll just wait for the reveal now.
And hopefully finish up Step 5 today.
9 comments:
Yeah! I am the first to comment! Your mystery quilt is looking great! I am working on mine today, too. I love the angel - what a great idea. I think every Christmas you will need to come up with new ways to wrap up money. And I can see why Amanda Panda loved the mug rug. It turned out great!
Very clever way to give cash as a gift!!
The panda turned out great. Like your idea on the mystery quilt. Good color choice.
Oh boy you've been busy!
Looks like you are making good progress on the mystery.......I've got to get back to it!
Merry Merry and
Happy Sewing
Love the panda and money roll. It's a nice change of pace from all of the "CS" blogs I've been reading. I'm rooting on your first pic of "CS" for the big reveal.
The panda is perfect. Paper piecing scares me. Clever way to give money. Your mystery blocks look great, love your colors. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.
Love the Panda mug rug! Yes, PP is painful much of the time, but there is no other good way to achieve what you did there!
Love the cash dispenser - what a
hoot! Are you going to get known as "the crazy aunt" now?
You CS is looking good. I like your colors. Hope you're making good progress on it.
Congrats on winning the orphans on Block Lotto. Now you'll have more to play with. :)
Happy New Year!
Wow…I didn't know you were so busy before Christmas! Just a regular little Santa's elf….and what a creative little elf at that!!!
That little Panda is just w-a-y too sweet! Did Amanda just LOVE it?!
Your mystery top is coming along….and I've seen the reveal and it's not anything like I had envisioned. I thought there would be more light fabric mixed in there somewhere….but I like it. How about you? Do you like it?
Oh You Put Me To SHAME SHAME SHAME!!! I just can't seem to use my time wisely....
But all the projects are SUPER! The Panda is precious and the money roll....did you get a photo - or better yet a video - of your nephew when opening his gift??? That video could go viral!!
I've just always wanted to do one of Bonnie's Mysteries .... but I have so many UFO's, I feel guilty adding to my list....(over 20 UFO.....I'm hopeless)....anyway your Bonnie Mystery is going great and yes, I agree with everyone, great colors - as always - you know how to pick 'em!!
But you are such a good girl completing and giving!!! You get 3 big gold stars!!! YAY!!!!
Post a Comment