Sunday, December 8, 2013

bags and the mystery quilt......

Last weekend I painted on canvas. I put a white wash over this yet. It needed to be a little softer I thought. Then I cut it up into three sections......


This was the first finished bag. I have one more that needs handles yet. 
And one more piece of canvas that can be sewn into a bag.

Also last weekend I started the Bonnie Hunter Mystery.


My colors are different. Using red instead of blue. Using yellow instead of orange.
The backgrounds are all whites to creams.


Step Two...the green is blue and the yellow is orange in mine.
I have no idea if these colors will end up working. Time will tell.
I'm in the middle of these chevrons. Hope I get them done today.



6 comments:

Karen H said...

Your bags are lovely. I need to try that with my canvas! And I think your quilt will be beautiful!

Elaine M said...

Love your painted canvas. The bag is great. Snap? Good start on the BH mystery. Great fabric selections. I have a pile of fabric pulled, but have not started. Printing the directions each week.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great colors for your mystery quilt - I am avoiding it this year (so far).

TLC said...

Hey, my green is blue too. Love your part 2 AND your painted fabric is amazing. I did 2 of 200 units. PRIORITIES this week......FINALS. Soon I will be free for a whole month!

Browndirtcottage said...

How creative….a canvas painted bag!

Usually on Bonnie's mystery quilts I'm kind of a wait and see kinda gal. Your colors I like.

Sharon said...

I like your colors for the BH mystery too. I don't think I'll be doing that one. Too many other projects in the works.

Love your painted canvas bag! You are sooo creative! Very cute.