Sunday, November 24, 2013

bindings finally done.....


It is cold and windy, so outdoor pictures were done quickly. 
Under the roof (out of the wind) out back. Tractor joe agreed to hold them all up one at a time. Now I wish he had put on better shoes. You can see that his slippers have a hole.
New slippers are on his Christmas list. His sister will get this quilt.


I have been calling this one mini-me. It is made with left over Block Lotto blocks. I wanted it a little bigger so I made some blocks, but didn't use plaids. It is for my cousins grandson. It is just like the one I made her last winter.(a picture of hers is here)


Last, but not least, is the scrappy trip. It is a wedding present for a nephew that was married last summer. We thought we were in a group gift. Then AFTER the wedding we found out there was NO GROUP gift. We were on our own. Last winter I thought about making them one, but never got it done. So, they end up getting a quilt after all. 
This is the third scrappy trip I have made. I love this pattern by Bonnie Hunter!

I am so thankful that the bindings are done! My least favorite thing to do!

14 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Beautiful work, Julie - love them all ... so colourful and I think the photos are grand! Oh and I'll do your bindings!! My MOST favourite part :)

Karen H said...

I'm with Glinda on this one - bindings are my favorite part. I think it's because it means the quilt is truly done! Lovely quilts - I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled!

Unknown said...


I ran into this page accidentally, surprisingly, this is a wonderful website. The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really and helpful when i do research. You just secured yourself a guarenteed reader.

Cccam Server

sophie said...

Wow, wow, wow! The sailboat quilt is fabulous! And, you know I love the mini-me. (And hope you will share them on the Block Lotto site, so we'll have photos of them in the gallery). I know when your nephew and his wife receive the scrappy trips quilt, they are going to secretly be very happy that there was no group gift ;-)

I'm actually one of those people who love to stitch down bindings ... unless I have a lot of them or am racing toward a deadline.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the finishes . . . isn't it funny how people seem to love or hate binding?

Mary said...

Love all your quilts. You are very productive. Your quilting mojo is so good. Can't seem to get in the swing since we got back! You are giving me inspiration. Thank you!!

roadtrip*treasures said...

I don't mind the binding, it's nice on a cold night to sit under whatever I'm binding watch a movie and keep warm! As always all are great, the scrappy one is my favorite! They will all make wonderful gifts, you are such a giving person.

Carol E. said...

LOVE all your quilts. You have such an artistic eye. I just made a scrappy trip, too, but it was sort of controlled. It still needs to be quilted.

Browndirtcottage said...

Cool!!!

Amy said...

Wow, you've been really productive. They are all knockouts too. I'm in your camp about binding, except when I put this saying in practice - "Binding is always better with a friend." (and yes, I have a few friends that get phone calls when the quilting is done... "Can I come over?")

Tonya Ricucci said...

that sailboat quilt is so gorgeous and glowing. love the scrappy trips. congrats! happy Thanksgiving!

TLC said...

Oh yea, those bindings are definitely my least favorite. Congrats on the 3 finishes. Love Love Love the Bonnie Scrappy Trip! I still have 1 more binding and 3 labels to make.......Too busy being a domestic goddess this week. ;o) Happy Thanksgiving! Celtic Solstice tomorrow?

Unknown said...

You've been busy, Julie! I don't mind binding but making the quilt is def the better deal. Nice finishes.

Vesuviusmama said...

They are all wonderful, Julie! Who would look for a hole in a slipper when there is all that eye candy hanging just above the feet?