I bought a scrap bag of cherrywood fabrics last year at the quilt show. It was time to cut it up and start a baby quilt. The block is called Northwind and these finish at 6 inches. I want 36 blocks.
Not quite half way there yet. I am supplementing it with other fabrics to make it go further, the orange, light blue and pink.
Nothing was reaching out and grabbing us at the quilt show. It seemed like there were less vendors.
Both Karen and I found some fabric though.
We were also looking at fabric with circles....for zombie eyeballs. I debated about all these circles and decided I didn't need them. But Karen liked them enough to get them.
Outside, down these steps is a geocache. This is the third year that I have ventured down there to look for the cache. I could never find it.
that changed this year....
Me with two of my favorite finds this year, the book and cache.
Actually it was Karen who found it!!! If I had known she would be such a good geocacher, I would have dragged her out there 2 years ago! (maybe I have, I don't remember for sure)
She didn't do any happy dances,
but there was excitement in her voice when she announced that she had it found it.
It was a good day in Des Moines at the quilt show.
that changed this year....
Me with two of my favorite finds this year, the book and cache.
Actually it was Karen who found it!!! If I had known she would be such a good geocacher, I would have dragged her out there 2 years ago! (maybe I have, I don't remember for sure)
She didn't do any happy dances,
but there was excitement in her voice when she announced that she had it found it.
It was a good day in Des Moines at the quilt show.
4 comments:
Yes it was a good day. And I do remember wandering around those trees last year and the year before... the first year it was really cold out there! Your baby quilt is looking great! The colors just pop.
Wow Wow...Ouchie Ouchie!! I think I like those Northwind blocks!! Great colors!!!
Oh yes, looks and sounds like a good day!! Fabric...great books and a little geocaching inspiration!
Third time's a charm, right?
ooh, awesome skeleton fabric. that is gonna be one gorgeous baby quilt!
Post a Comment