Saturday, January 16, 2010

the kitchen table, ink & alcohol....

For today's fun I needed to get out
fabric squares that are about 5" x 5"
glasses
rubber bands
rubbing alcohol
pens.....sharpies or other, I used some brush tipped kind too.

I better list the links that inspired this experiment....



or


or


You will probably find much better directions at these sites too.



I marked the fabric with the brush pens today....
here it is on the glass, ready for action.
I dropped a small drop of the alcohol and watched it spread.....



decided to do another drop since the first drop wasn't that big.



It is so cool watching it spread.

very addicting....


I wish I had a dropper to do this. I only had a straw.

Here are a whole bunch I a did up this morning..........







I tried making a snowflake pattern. After it did it's thing and it was dry, I went back over it to make the snowflake pattern stand out more. I only did half of it so you can see the difference.

















Here are some of yesterday's put to use.
I put some heat and bond on the back of the circles...
then cut them up for flowers.
I rarely use flowers when scrapbooking.
(3 boys and flowers just don't jive)
so here was a chance to use them.
These pictures were from 2008 in late March......
Here is a close up of the flowers. These were from the sharpies.
You can see all the circles of dots I made to make these.
Because of the heat and bond on the back of the fabric...
it was pretty slick using the iron to attach these to the page.

The white flowers are plain old cardstock...they were just laying around in the drawer....
waiting to be used.
I have so much stuff.....
that is one of my goals....use what I have around here.....
and make more scrapbook pages.

and one more picture....

The sky was so blue this morning and the trees were so white from the frost.
It was so so pretty.










1 comment:

Tanya said...

Very, very interesting! I hope you are going to sew all your fabric squares together now!! Make a wall quilt!!!