Thursday, January 7, 2010

snow again....



There is no school today.
All the roads around us are "no travel recommened" or just plain "closed".
My mini Carolina Christmas (32 x32) is ready to show....
I just quilted on the diagonal, about 1 1/2 inches apart. I had a few spots of puckering...but that disappeared when I washed it and then tossed it in the dryer. Now the whole back is puckery.
oh so pretty....http://quiltville.com/carolinachristmas.shtml/....even if it is a much smaller version of this....
I decided not to add any borders...
the batting I found for it was just the right size...
....and this seemed like a very good reason to call it done.
and so my borderless quilt is finished and ready to send to Virginia....
what they REALLY want is a bedsize quilt....
someday....
someday...



1 comment:

Tanya said...

Just beautiful! That would make a good baby quilt too wouldn't it? I'll have to think about that one again.