Well, I found a way to use them. They would become butterflies. Why butterflies? Because a while back I was just meandering through blog land and found this post about making butterflies:
here are Belinda's butterflies. She found the butterflytutorial at this blog. They were kinda cute. At first I had no intention of making any....but I started thinking as I watched a little yellow butterfly. Why not make them yellow??
I made some with green background. I liked them and wanted to make more.....
I switched to a white background,
Mine are 4 squares instead of 2 rectangles for the wings,
they are smaller, the body is cut 1 x 3 1/2 inches (the widths of my bodies got a little wonky)
the body is also dark brown not light...
and mine don't turn out square. The blocks are a little bit wider than they are tall.
I added fabric around each one so that they sit crooked in the block.
This was EXCELLENT practice for when I set my penguins wonky in blocks. I know how to do it now.
More thinking.
They will just have to rest and wait.



2 comments:
Ohhhhhhh, they are so cute! I love them!
...oooooohhhh...wow...wow...wow!!!
I am crazy over these girl!!!!
Post a Comment