Thursday, July 29, 2010

shearing Alpaca.....

Are you ready for your close-up? Tractor joe's brother raises alpaca.
(not llama, no no no, alpaca)
Way last May it was shearing time. I went over there to get some pictures and I am now getting around to posting them.

Here are a bunch of babies still waiting. They are very curious. They are asking...
"what's going on?"
"what are they going to do to us?"


Tractor joe is waiting with this one. He (or she) is next up. They get their legs tied up so they don't thrash around and kick.


Here is that brother doing his shearing.



Kyle's job was to pick up all the wool and put it into bags.








They were so fuzzy wuzzy cute. Now they look like something Dr. Suess drew.
I think that dark one below looks like he is thinking,
"why do I feel so funny now?"



Maybe they are all thinking, "why do I feel so weird?"



Each bag has the name of the alpaca on it.
It was also Kyle's job not to mess up and put the wool in the wrong bag.
He got them all correct.
A lot of alpaca were sheared that afternoon.





While sitting with this one, tractor joe kept telling him....
"you're going to thank me this summer."








No comments: