Early in the week the forecast was for snow on Saturday,
then they took the snow out,
then they put it back in the forecast.....
Today we are in a snow storm warning.
The fronts of the turkey postcards are done.
The backs still need to be signed. They measure slightly larger than 4x6 inches.
My supplies used for this.....
I don't remember when I printed the pattern for the turkey, it has been a while. I went to look for it again online, and couldn't find it. It was at the Quiltmakers magazine site.
For the words and swirly decorations....I mixed the copper paint with yellow to get the goldish color and the dark brown is the copper mixed with black paint. I drew the legs and colored in the beak with markers.
The eyes are made with a white-out pen and then another dot with the brown marker. I quilted them on to batting with no backing fabric.
I used the mod podge to glue them to card stock.
They dried over night. This morning I trimmed them all up nice and square. The zig zag went on easily. My best effort yet! I think this is the way to do it from now on.
With the lovely weather outside, I think I am in the mood to create some Christmas postcards today...this means sitting on the couch under a quilt, looking at various books and magazined for ideas. Then.... maybe, getting out some fabric and actually sewing.




3 comments:
WOW...cool snow!!! And those turkey postcards are crazy cute!!!
I'm working on my 'block lotto' blocks.....hint...hint!!!
These turned out BeAuTiFuLlY!!! Whoever receives them will be thrilled!! I adore the variations :D
As you can tell, I am WAY behind reading blogs, but I've just gotta say that your Thanksgiving postcards are fantastic!
Post a Comment