Over the weekend I started paper piecing some turkeys. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I have a love/hate relationship with this process. The mess drives me crazy as it piles up and it can be so confusing...laying fabric down then turning it all over and sewing.
I did figure out a system that seemed to work and have six of them. They still need their beaks and feet, plus some sort of embellishment. It may be paint or stitching or....something.....
They are all in the postcard size...for sure I need 2 of them. Most likely they will all end up as postcards.
Then I looked at my fridge this morning. Halloween was still up there.
Time to change that.....
It is time for this one to hang out in the kitchen.
I absolutely love coffee (with cream) in the morning!




2 comments:
I love your little Coffee quilt! And, no, there is not life before coffee - lol - cream and splenda with mine, please. I have never tried paper piecing, it just never has made sense to me. I look forward to seeing your completed little turkey!
I'm reading this as I wait for my coffee to finish. I just put the kids to bed and I'm heading down to the sewing room to sew for a bit, and a spot of coffee is just what I need on this cold winter evening. Love your coffee quilt!
Post a Comment