Saturday, December 11, 2010

block lotto

Recently I joined BLOCK LOTTO ....you make blocks for the pot and at the end of the month there is a drawing for winners. If you don't win you send your blocks to the person who did win. If you aren't up to making any blocks one month, you don't. Pretty simple and no real pressure.
This month is wonky trees. I made 3 sets for the lotto. Those are the "good ones" (above)

Then....
I have more that didn't pass inspection.
Below you will see the ones I will keep.......

The blue-ish ones aren't wide enough.
I have two sets of purple, one for the drawing and one for me now because....
The pairs you enter must be all different colors. But when I was cutting the purple, one of the  fabrics was upside down. (they need to both be facing up or down when cutting)....and rather than cut more black, I cut more purple. Crap, that won't work for the lotto....but so what~ I now had another pair for me.
Then I just cut some pinky/red ones with fabric that was laying there. These are fun to make, so someday I will add to my collection...OR....if I win, figure out how to use them with the winning blocks!!
Plus I am thinking that making some of these wonky asterisks would be fun to throw in the mix. They look like stars or snow.
Now I am off to sew something else. We are in a Blizzard Warning for today....only so far we are on the warm side of the front coming through and all we have is rain. Either way it is a good day to stay inside and sew.
happy dance to my sewing machine

2 comments:

Karen H said...

Those turned out really cute...... I think it's time to quilt more table runners....... :)

Vesuviusmama said...

The trees are great! The ones that made the cut AND the ones that didn't. Here's hoping that you win!