Saturday, March 19, 2011

it is getting closer.....

Yesterday I finished all the words for my geocaching quilt. I snapped a picture of what I had.
Then I moved it all..... I laid a quilt out on the bed and put the pieces on that.
That way, when I am done sewing for the day, I can just roll up the quilt and everything stays put. The next time I sew, I just unroll it and everything is ready to go.

But this morning a cat was sleeping on the bed. I didn't have the heart to disturb her...so I partially unrolled the quilt. Pearl slept through all my sewing this morning.

She has her face all covered. 

The sewing went faster than I thought it would. This morning I took another picture of all the rows coming together. As I finished a row it went back out to the living room.


I see the bottom row keeps changing...it doesn't look exactly like this, but close enough. All the rows are done. I used every tree block I won in the block lotto!!  I'll put some black in between the rows to make the quilt longer....and some kind of spacing to make all the rows, the same width. I'll save that for another day.....to many other things I need to do right now.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

very fun. how is the word "tupperware" related to the other ones on your quilt?

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW....WOW....Oh yes...I.LIKE.

I'm so glad you went ahead and used the words/phrase you mentioned to me ealier because it is PERFECT!! This is sum FAB quilt girlfriend!!!

Oh yes....and about that OTHER batch of blocks you won...now dag nabit...you lucky pickled pigs feet eater you!!!!

Amy said...

very nice words and trees.

Erika Jean said...

Love love love!! :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

love love love love this quilt!!!!! fabulous. and what a sweet kitty girl. completely understand not wanting to disturb her nap.

Anonymous said...

Great sentence on there!

Kim said...

so cool.......
you did a great job :0)

Happy sewing

Rachael said...

Awesome quilt. (and I don't say that lightly)