Our preschool teacher had gallstones removed earlier this week. All that paper that was spray painted last week, turned into get well cards this week.
They used crayons and stickers to decorate them. The envelopes were old papers that they had colored or painted on...left over stuff sitting around....waiting for new life as an envelope.
The three year olds used dot paint and then decorated with some foam shapes glued on. Sometimes it was lots and lots of glue.
When I was snapping pictures of the cards, a few of the boys came over. They wanted their pictures taken with their cards. Okay, hold it up!
We even put the braille writer into action.....
It is supposed to say "I love apples"... I was typing rather quickly, hopefully I hit all the right letters.
"get well soon" is on the inside.
My sisters and I have decided we are going to go back to Okoboji. We have camped there for 26 years or so. But last year, we didn't. We thought we could live without it.
We were wrong.
We missed it more than we thought we would.
To celebrate our going camping again, I made a bunch of postcards & sent them off.
I had left over cut up pieces when I was done with them.
I put them in my altered book.
And last but not least....
the geocaching quilt!
Now it needs to be quilted. It will be sent away for that.
I am so excited.
7 comments:
Love all the paper stuff! If you like postcards you should check out postcrossing.com you might like it!
woohoo, the quilt is so fabulous!!!!
Wow,you have been busy..... it makes me feel like a slug. :) Love the quilt... One question - did they remove her gallbladder or just the stones??
Their little cards are w-a-y cute!!
I was in the hospital a few days when I was in the 6th grade and my homeroom class made me some get well cards too. I still have ALL of them...including the GIANT envelope they came in that was addressed in crayon! Wonderful treasures!!
That 'braille' card is sooooo colorful, looks like a match to the quilt I have added to my blog header...love it!
And I think your tree/geocaching quilt is just the BOMB!! Are your going to bind it in black or use a color??
I got my post card and loved it!!!
Oh, the geocaching quilt is AWESOME!! and funny - I never really thought of geocaching that way before.
Fantasic geocaching quilt!!! I cannot think of anything more YOU!
Post a Comment