Sunday, March 13, 2011

a little sewing (very little) and more paint.....


A blogger named Brenda is collecting B's for her big birthday. When I saw she was in Manitoba, I had to try getting a maple leaf in the B. This was made with fabric that was laying around, scraps. I made the leaf first, then added more B and red around it. The leaf is about 3 inches, I don't know how big this block is over all, though.  I haven't measured it.


I made my own spray paint. There are several recipes for this on youtube. 
The recipe:
One spray bottle, I found these in Hobby Lobby for 99cents.
Fill with warm water about 2/3 full.
Add a dollop of mod podge.
Add a couple dollops of acrylic paint.
If you want it to shimmer add some Liquitex iridescent medium.
(different videos talked about adding some pearl ex stuff, I don't have any and I'm not even sure what it is)
Then...shake shake shake.

I sprayed it on a few coffee filters.


I cut pedals and leaves from the filters. They were applied to an envelope with mod podge.


It got some ink stamped on it too. The leaf and swirly are bought. The dotted circles are homemade, along with the checker board. 


They are made from foam, using my Sizzix die cutter. I used a hole punch to make all the dots and arranged them in a circle. The flowers are made from the center of the O.
I mounted them on some stiff plastic stuff.


and last but not least....the "you are" card that will go into the envelope. It is for my aunt who will be having surgery on Monday. I think it is all dry enough now. Maybe I will add some stamping stuff to finish it. I want it in the mail tomorrow.






6 comments:

Karen H said...

wow, that is really neat. How did you come up with the idea?

Tonya Ricucci said...

the B is fabulous and wow, that card! I want to come play at your house!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

WOW! You are very creative. Your cards are gorgeous. And I love your B block too.

Brenda said...

thanks again for the fun b and I love the cards too.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative. Love the B, love the card for your aunt! Hope the surgery went well.

Vesuviusmama said...

You are so wonderfully creative - love it all!