The blue baby quilt is finished!
It was the backing that slowed me down.
I love pieced backing...
as long as I am not the one doing it.
I loved making the letters, but getting the rest of it sewn up just dragged me down...and it wasn't even that many pieces. oh well.
The baby's mom saw a picture of it and said,
"it is beautiful, I will never use it"
I hope she does! It is quilted heavily and should hold up to several washings.
It was starting to snow when the picture of the quilt was taken.
Then the white stuff picked up...
it was really pretty....
and the dog needs a haircut.....
We'll wait till it is warmer.
Yesterday was balmy warm...and all the snow is gone.
Now today there is a nice cold brisk NW wind and thoughts of spring are not as strong.
back in the house I sewed up some scrappy trip blocks...
I don't know my total, but it is a nice sized pile!
The "Letter Love 101" class is over.
heavy sigh, I miss it.
One of the last things we were to do is use about 10 of our favorite things from the class and make a journal.
So far, I have one little page.
7 comments:
What a wonderful baby quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shelley is going to freak out !!! It could be her favorite baby gift ! I can't wait to present it to Edward ! The elephants sealed the deal !! thanks for the extra quilting since then she can use it !! Love you Joe !
It certainly is sweet/cute perfect design to grow with the young fellow.
I'm swooning over the colors too...oh yeee-ow!
I'm so glad you dragged your butt...oh, I mean your 'anchor' up and got this goody finished. Look whose calling the kettle black....my anchor is still sprawled out all over my sofa........sigh.......
Ozzie is so cute ! He looks like a little lamb !
wonderful!!!!!
What a great baby quilt! I love the 9-patches in the bear's paw, and I love the border too! And great idea to put the baby's name on the back.
Your trip blocks look great! How many do you have now? I can see making even more of these quilts - so fun and easy to do.
Oooo, I really like your journal page! Did you do that with white crayon? It's great!
I love pieced backs, too, but rarely do it because 1) I want to finish the quilt already and 2) I don't want to hand quilt through extra layers. Well, and 3) I'm lazy. Lovely quilt! I hope she uses it, too!
Post a Comment