Saturday, March 24, 2012

don't throw things into one blog post all week.....

I read the preview for this post and I have to wonder...... was I drinking or something?
No I wasn't.Baby pictures have been sent to me. Babies on their baby quilts!
So sweet.

I received an award from http://indigothreads.blogspot.com/ or Sharon



The Liebster Blog Award rules:


1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to their blog.
3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your profile.
4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have @200 followers or under).
5. Blog about it and leave a comment for your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog.

Rules! I would have sworn I saved the Liebster award picture, now I can't find it. (Since I have been adding things to this post all week, it is rather disjointed.)

Well, look, I made some block lotto blocks for March..
I had no white on white fabric, or at least not much.
My cousin Gwen came for a quick visit and she brought a yard of it with her!
I dug up some of Grandma's perennials for her to take home and plant.
Is that a fair trade??



Thank you Sharon.

There are so many awesome blogs out there. I put in links to some of the blogs I seem to visit a lot. See above.

My plan for today....hang this quilt up and take it's picture.







5 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

hhhmmm, let's see........cute babies on their cute new custom quilts AND awards are always nice. I forgot about the block lotto until I saw your 'fab' blocks. I like the pattern this month!!

Computer(s) finally back from repairs so now I can post photos again....yippee!

Tanya said...

Hi. Thanks for the mention. Isn't it wonderful to see babies enjoying their quilts! What great pictures. I've always been a little disappointed when a new mother says that she is "saving" the quilt that I've given her "because it is so nice."
"Let the baby throw up and poop on it! If it gets ruined I'll make you another!"

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love the babies on their quilts! And I love how you included the baby's name in the top one! Your block lotto blocks are beautiful, too. :o) I'll have to visit the links you provided for some of your favorite blogs!
xo
Kelli

Mariella said...

Oh MY DOG!!! How surprised I was to see my blog linked in your blog!!! OH MY DOG!!! Thanks just a big heaping pile!!! Those babies are so sweet it makes me just want to eat them!! NOt really that's an old Scottish saying that one of my Scottish friends utters when she sees a baby.....they really are darling babies and their quilts are wonderful. The name letters are very very nice. And yes, I did see your blog name listed at the indigo blog and I checked all those blogs out. I've been spending more time than is good for me surfing the blogs. But there is so much out there!!!

Again Thanks for mentioning me!! And just curious, what is Block Lotto? I like your block too.

Vesuviusmama said...

Thank you! I'm a bit late reading blogs, so I'm just now seeing this. How big is your pineapple blossom quilt, by the way?