We were out geocaching yesterday.
One of the caches was (Ocheyedan Mound Earthcache)
There is no actual cache container up there.
To get the find we had to walk up to the top.
Time for a little exercise!
We needed to take a picture up there and figure out what area was the highest.
Here I am on the highest area, bracing myself against the wind.
At least it wasn't cold, just a nice warm WINDY day.
Most of the others were micros (film canister size)
I stuck my finger up the black hose and the whole thing came off the wall.
Ahh....a fake water faucet! It was held there with a magnet.
When you twisted off the hose, you find the tiny cache container.
This one is called Rainbow Bridge. I don't know how old the bridge is, but it's in the middle of nowhere. The locals have been marking it up for years.
I wasn't very impressed with the graffiti.
The cache was simple enough to spot.
It was hanging there, in plain site. That made it easy!
We went for 7 and found all of them!
I need to work on some triangles for the block lotto. This month is going by way to fast.
3 comments:
I found my first one on Friday. A film cannister in the bottom of a tree. Easy peasey. Wish the others were as simple.
The faucet one looks pretty kool! ;-)
When I was little, in school they taught us Ocheyedan Mound was the highest point in Iowa. Then, while I was in high school, some surveyors showed up in my sister's college room mate's cattle yard near Sibley and declared it to be the highest point.
Not as pretty as the Mound!
Post a Comment