That turkey quilt is ready for some embellishment. I am still working on what that will be exactly,
because I don't know for sure yet.
I pulled out some letter beads to make words. I could sew on some words like "love to hunt" "deep in the woods" "excellent marksmanship"....except most of the good letters have been used.
So that turkey is on hold for now.
I took the strips from trimming that turkey and sewed them together with a variety of stitches. Seemed like a good base for a postcard.Right around my second cup of coffee, the ideas floating around in my head started to gel...I got out the paint and started painting this morning.

One of the teachers at school has breast cancer. She has gone through months of chemo to get ready for her surgery. She will get this postcard. The post office is only open for about 45 minutes on Saturdays, and I missed that little window of opportunity to mail this...hopefully on Tuesday I will get there.
and...
some of that stuff that is recommended for using in fabric postcards. The ugly stitching around the edge is not by design. Some heavier duty needles would help too.

No comments:
Post a Comment