it has problems. It is a quilt as you go.
First she sewed the blocks together in rows.
Second she machine quilted each row to a strip of batting, making sure the backing was bigger on the top and bottom.
Third she sewed the rows together with the backing fabric. Then the extra fabric was folded over the row of blocks...kinda like binding going down....creating those long horizontal rows.
The problem was in a few places the block edge wasn't caught. This really became apparent after she had washed and dried it....there were small, exposed and slightly frayed edges of blocks showing on two of the rows.doctor, doctor....what do we do?????
Can it just be covered with something????
but what??????
I had one package of brown rick rack. We laid it over the quilt. It was like magic. We both loved how it looked. When she left, she was back to thinking she would give the baby quilt away. I have no idea if the operation was a success or not. I still want her to keep it.
There is a reason my postcard didn't get mailed yesterday....it too had some doctoring done to it this morning.

I got out my tool of choice...a tiny sponge brush and orange paint.
The card never protested as I taped it down with masking tape. I wanted a nice clean edge. All the imperfections of my stitching would be hidden under the paint.
You can see it still, but, you can't see it.
The card is looking better now with a new border. YES it is really done....
Unless I think of something else to do it.
1 comment:
Thank you doctor. You are a life saver. From a grateful quilt.
Post a Comment