I called her the other night and she told me,
"I am making banana bread, I need to use up rotten bananas."
and I said, "I need to get rid of some sour cream, what should I use it in?"
With excitement in her voice she said,
"You need to make the banana bread I am making!"
"But I don't have rotten bananas"Not a problem, she told me she had a ton of bananas and I should come over to get them. So off I went to her house.
Loaded up with bananas, I said "wait, I need to write the recipe down!"
"No no, just take that printout" oh, okayThen I read the recipe, "oh oh, I don't have any walnuts"
She wasn't going to let anything stop me from making the bread...
"Here, take some walnuts home with you!"
With my arms full of bananas, the recipe and the walnuts I headed home. Karen also said to smash the bananas, even though the recipe said to slice them....okay
The next morning I got up & baked a bunch of bread. It was delicious!Thank you Karen.
3 comments:
Wow! 5 loaves! I love banana bread - I can almost smell it!
YUM...YUM...YUM!!! One of my favorites. Wow, I'm thinking I can smell it all the way down here in Texas. DARN...and there's no way for me to get a slice!
I love banana bread, and these look delicious!
Micki
Post a Comment