Monday, September 6, 2010

weekend things....

Tractor joe bought this car about 10 years ago at an auction. He has used it for work and trips out to the farm. It's a '77 Impala.
I think Karen and I took it to Forest City once. The radiator hose blew...we were stuck... until her Dad came to save us and bring us home.
Good times.

For the most part though it is a nice solid old car that has served us well.
But now there is a new kid on the block.


A '92 Grand Marquis. We went to an auction on Saturday, I wanted a dresser to store Tractor joe's trucking clothes. It didn't work out that way. As we walked up to the auction they had just started bidding on the car....and just like that Tractor joe was sucked in and didn't emerge until he was the owner.

I told him he could just store his clothes in the car. There is plenty of room.



I have to agree with him, he was due for an upgrade in cars....and this is a nice car.
Almost to nice. With the old car we didn't have worry about being dirty, now we do. It is so plush and soft inside. This one even has FM radio....and power windows!

On to other things...
Both Karen and I are doing on quiltalong from Blue is bleu

At first I didn't like the way it was turning out. I nearly quit.



After working on it this weekend, I am starting to like it!! It might not be so bad after all.
Preschool starts tomorrow. I'll be helping in there again. Back to work.





3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What luxury you will be riding in :) Your quilt along quilt is looking great!

Karen H said...

Love your blocks..... I almost forgot about that trip to Forest City in "Lena". I still remember our adventure in the Omni....:)

Vesuviusmama said...

I like what you are doing - don't quit! And my brother-in-law seems to store his clothes in his car - Tractor Joe would not be alone in that. Yay for FM radio! And as a shorty who can't reach the other side of the car, power windows come in mighty handy!