I thought about flowers for the memorial service...
and then I thought.....
there will be lots of relatives going to my aunts house....

So instead she will get a box full of.....

toilet paper, soap, paper plates (big & small), cups.....

marshmallows (maybe there will be a campfire), cookies (Gwen's favorite kind) and an old LOGIC puzzle book
(I was tired of solving them wrong)
And......
And......
one mini-quilt, "Explore Idaho"
I had one bears paw block and it was just staring at me.
In a drawer I found a mini flag, I have no idea why I had made it.
One small blue heart that needed a home and a small pinwheel block....
It is a good thing I still have Gwen's quilt book, Spirit of the Northwoods, the bear, tree and eagle came out there.
They all came together in this little quilt.
Everything was mailed today. I hope it gets there okay....
They all came together in this little quilt.
Everything was mailed today. I hope it gets there okay....


5 comments:
Wow.....what a great package. Would like to be on the receiving end of that cute litte Idaho quilt!
The quilt is wonderful! I'm sure it will be the most beloved part of your package. And what a smart collection to send instead of the typical flowers that only last a couple of days.
Joe, you always know the perfect touch to give - and the quilt made me cry - I'm not going to tell Mom to look at your blog this time - so she'll get a surprise. Thanks SO MUCH!!!
This is so cool! I bought those letter stamps and still haven't figured out where I'm going to use them... You are inspiring!
What an awesome quilt in an awesome package!
Post a Comment