Years ago, I made a quilt that had black cat silhouettes on it. When I was cleaning, I found one black cat. I didn't remember it. I think it might have been rejected because he is backwards.
He was a fun find that I had totally forgotten about.
I wondered what he would look like on my current old sheet quilt.....
Maybe.
Would it work to make more 6 inch stars out of that same red fabric and have them sprinkled around the quilt?? A pop of dark color.
Or do I keep it the soft look and save the cat for something else??
I can't decide.
ooops.....
This is what happens when the fan gets turned on in the living room.
Every thing is picked up and for now I will just make more 9 patches.
7 comments:
I think having the cat down in one corner with his paw on the star would be adorable! What a wonderful find :)
I'm liking the soft look here and I think the cat needs to find another quilt to play on. but it probably looks quite different in person.
I'm not going to be much help, because I can see it both ways. :) ok.... I think I'm leaning in favor of saving the kitty for another project.
I love that little black cat, but I think he flattens all those pretty pastels and makes them blend together--because of the extreme contrast. The cat would be great on a quilt with more brights ... or on this month's lotto blocks ;-)
reallly cute, I think the cat works with the pattern and design, but not the color scheme. He/she/it needs to be on something with more bold colors ;-P
So, did you decide about the cat?
USE THE CAT!!! Use the red!!!!
Post a Comment