I wanted something "Japan" in this quilt. I found a fat quarter of Japanese character fabric. I made a bunch of hearts with it. They didn't seem right on the front......
They worked perfectly on the back, along with an "old sheet"...
this photo isn't rotated, but you get the idea...I went back and rotated the next one, so it is up right....
I know my cousin is back in the states for the summer....not sure when I will see him. It is just good to know this quilt is ready to go.
I laid the quilt on top of the cat. She crawled out and pounced on the top of the quilt,
then the dog thought he found someone to play with.
There was a lot of hissing and barking going on when I snapped this picture.
Before and after....I worked on this Saturday morning. Hard physical labor. After replacing the blocks to a certain point, I started pulling them out. There was bowl shape near the bottom.
The whole thing could have been pulled and readjusted to be more level. Tractor joe took over and finished. The blocks were raised up.....but there is still a slight bowl at the bottom.
That will be a job for cooler, less humid weather, later this week.
4 comments:
very fun baby quilt. congrats on a great finish.
the quilt is fabulous and it's so much fun to see it used as a playground. I suspect the puppy got the worst of it... It's nice to see a black cat that doesn't look like its swallowed a basketball (which is how my Howler looks).
I love this quilt - especially how the black and white checks frame the center section...very nice!
I think your black and white check for your tiny border worked out pretty good, don't you?? I am sitting here just amazed at how quickly you finish out your projects!! I'm just a little ole slow poke a longer!! I think the difference is you can probable make quick decisions and as for me, well, I think and I ponder and I step back and look at it and I change my mind....ok, I think get the picture!!
Sweet quilt indeed!!
Post a Comment