Saturday, June 25, 2011

for crying out loud...

Last weekend, I was asked if I could paint (or something) a sign for the grand marshal in this year's parade.
I felt like doing something different.

I made her name in letters.


The bonus triangles from pineapple blossoms! My own and some from one of the quilters that had mailed me her left-overs along with the blocks. There was just the right amount.
Perfect.
So far so good.


Wonky hearts. Perfect.
Stamped with paint words.
Lovely.

Except....

I spelled marshal/marshall wrong. I have already started quilting this. I ran out of thread and had to stop. 

I was wondering what I would work on this morning. 
I will be thinking about how to fix the error.
Some kind of cover up is in order.


6 comments:

Karen H said...

ok...... that's how I would have spelled it, too... did someone tell you it was wrong? Will anyone even notice?? Maybe you could put a little patch over it...

Anonymous said...

It is me not signed in...I am going to leave it. I am seeing it both ways. What is the difference in the words? I shall continue where I left off with the quilting.

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow, I heard you crying OUT LOUD way down here in Texas and had to come see whatever was the matter!!!
OH NO,,,,,I am very sad for you girlfriend and I know you are frustrated!!
How about a BIG button or a YoYo?? A YoYo on both sides of the word Marshal???
Good luck with a solution!!! It's a VERY cute idea!!

Erika Jean said...

is she riding in a car? maybe you coule applique a little car there at the end over the L?

Erika Jean said...

or you could sew a really big folksy looking button over the L.

I def. wouldn't leave it, but that's just me ;-P

Tonya Ricucci said...

really cute. your unruly letters have such style. ugh on the mispelling. glad you're going to ignore it and just keep going. those stamped letters are really cute too.