Monday, December 3, 2012


I made a butterfly using this pattern or tutorial...

Lynne at patcherymenagerie created it and is selling them.
It was nice having detailed step by step pictures and directions. I didn't have to think so much. I loved it. My plan is to use the butterfly as a pocket on a bag. I don't have a pattern for this bag. I am winging it as I go. It will be a Christmas present. 

Then there is this other ongoing project....



All the four patches are step 1. 
The goal-----use what I have for the quilt. 
There was a large hunk of batik here, so I went with that.
I am not totally committed to these colors. 
But I did start cutting into the greens for step 2 and have a few done. 
So green will be in it, I am not turning back now.
I knew I would run out of the black and whites, but went with them anyway.
My Mom gave me birthday money, that is what I used to get more on Saturday. I have no picture of the green geese yet.








3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm almost finished with my leader ender four patches and the geese parts are cut and waiting. I'm not turning back either!

I made my first butterfly last night - it will be on my blog tomorrow. Yeah, Lynne!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Too cute butterfly!!! Hurry and share what you are making with it!!!

Elaine M said...

The butterfly is stunning. Love it. The fabrics you picked for Easy street are fun, nice addition of the golden orange and the batik is a great choice for some contrast. I need to cut step 2 out and sew before Friday comes.