Thursday, December 20, 2012

The hardest blocks for me.....



The rule for these blocks was simple,
pick ANY three fabrics that are light, medium and dark.
This paralyzed me for the longest time.

I started grouping fabric by threes, one of each....dark, medium and light. But nothing seemed right. It just looked like a big mess. 
So I put it all away and started over. I just grabbed a light and put it with something dark. 
Then, I went back to look for the cross part. I think I ended up with mostly mediums there.
Construction wise, these were pretty easy. I love the way they look and think who ever wins these will be so lucky! They will make such a cool quilt.

I started cutting and sewing fabric for teeny tiny gift bags. Big enough for a handful of candy and gift card. Or just candy. I was hoping I would have a few little bags done by this time. 
But no, not yet. They are based on (this sweet little bag pattern)
I will get back at them later.


5 comments:

Mary said...

I love the blocks. I think you did a great job on color picking.

Karen H said...

The blocks are really pretty! I can't wait to see your little bags.

Vesuviusmama said...

They turned out great! I still haven't made it past my first 3, and at this point, I don't think it is going to happen. But I did make a stocking for myself last night! I am so psyched! I've wanted a patchwork stocking forever! I hope to post later today.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh my, seeing your blocks makes me want to go do some RIGHT NOW! Yes, RIGHT NOW! I did read over the instructions again yesterday.

Carol E. said...

Wow, those tiny bags in the pattern finish to 4x4x2! Will yours be that small??