I had two Christmas sewing projects to finish and I did.
The zig zag quilt got some binding.
It will be given to a toddler aged girl.
I thought she needed a book,
so I bought this one....
Then I thought she needed a book bag too. It had to be big enough to hold this book and the quilt.
I sewed left over strips from the quilt until they were gone.
Sort of like a mini jelly roll. Then I cut that into eight sections and sewed them back together.
It is a basic bag, no pattern.
The butterfly I had made earlier became a pocket. Everything fit just right!
I also finished Step 4 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery
No pictures.
My 30 year old Montgomery Ward sewing machine had new life breathed into it today.
It had started just whirring and going "zzzzzzzz" when I pushed the pedal.
Tractor joe took it apart and tightened the belt, then he oiled everything.
It is like a new machine.
I do have an inexpensive Brother, but I was not having very good luck piecing with it.
The fabric seemed to want to veer left and it had a hard time going over seams.
There are still Block Lotto blocks to be made and next weekend is our Christmas shopping weekend.
Yes, we cut it close, but it works for us.
12 comments:
Love your ziggin and zaggin'! The bag you made adds the perfect touch.
Glad you got it all done. Everything turned out great! I especially love the bag. No snow in the forecast, so you should be fine waiting until the weekend to shop!
adorable quilt , love the bag
I always made my girls "library" bags they loved them!
not as fancy as this one though, love that butterfly!
Kathie
The zig zag quilt is great. I'm sure it will be loved. Great inspiration to make a bag to carry it all. Thanks for sharing.
Fabulous - what a lucky little girl!!
Who wouldn't want this bag of goodness. The quilt is lovely with all the happy colors, and how lucky to have a beautiful matching bag with the butterfly. The book has to be hilarious after reading the tittle.
Well, I know of one little girl who will be squealing with delight! I bet she'll want to carry her bag everywhere!
I am most curious about the book too! Looks fun!
I had a cheaper Singer once that did the very same thing....always wanting to veer to the left. It was like the presser foot was mashing down too hard but the machine repair man couldn't make it any better. I think I ended up giving it away...???
I shopped online yesterday and last night for Mr. Browndirt, adding a few things to 'his' collections. Men are sooooo hard to buy for!!!
What a wonderful gift! I love each piece. Great title for a book.
Love the book bag; and the book you chose!!!! Can't you just see that toddler wrapped up in the quilt with her book in her lap? Oh my, nice mental picture. She'll be lugging that bag everywhere!!!!
Merry Christmas Julie!
I'm not a toddler girl, but that gift would make me very happy! Bravo!
what a sweet wonderful gift. Love the name of the book and the cover - hope the insides are as much fun.
I love your zigzag quilt! I guess I missed all the blocks you were making. I'm going to have to go hunting on your blog and find out how you made them!
Post a Comment