Sunday, September 20, 2009

the bug assignment...

Tomorrow is the big day.....

the 10th grader's bug projects are due.

For weeks we have been out periodically collecting bugs.

10 different bugs to be exact.

Tonight.....
All over our school district, encyclopedias are being opened to insects looking up the orders and where the bugs fit...
google is being overloaded with insect searches.




They need to find.....
the bug order....
the family name....and

the scientific name.

That is harder and takes way longer than anyone anticipated....

Words like Dialictus zephrum
and Lepidoptera....
are being copied and pasted into their work.


I am thankful to say that Crispy's is done now! There isn't extra credit for the umbrellas, but they have been laying on the kitchen table for weeks and Crispy thought they gave the display a little style.
I did sew 2 blocks for a quilt today. Not much progress there.




1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh I remeber this with the daughter....I think the bug 'thingy' is a right of passage for all 10th graders!!