Saturday, September 12, 2009

a multi-cache in Blue Earth...

This one was my favorite...
It was at the county fairgrounds.
Stage one was a little tricky....I was looking for a small container with the coords to the final stage. Couldn't find anything....looked some more.....
Ground zero appeared to be right at the corner of this concession stand eating area.

Then I spied the metal band attached to the pole. They had stamped the new coordinates on it....and placed it there upside down.

That was sneaky. But good!!! .....it will be hard for this one to go missing.
Then it was just a couple hundred feet to find the cache!!







We found 5 out of 5 that afternoon.
One was at least a mile of walking total....at least it was on a paved path....

one was hard to find because I had the wrong coords in the GPS!!
It was on the other side of the park,

dang it, I hate when that happens....

and we saw signs of fall along the way.














It was a good afternoon!

2 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

...what???....stage one????...why are you bent over like that???

Elaine said...

Joe Tulips!!!!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE your geocaching quilt. I am also a quilter and a geocacher (muggle Lady). This quilt is so brilliant - I want to make something similiar myself. I just posted a picture of your quilt on my blog - I'll link it to your blog.

TFTH!!!!!!


Elaine