Monday, April 19, 2010

Baskets & Blooms....

.... Block of the month finally finished.

This has been years in the making.

The first year was getting to The Quilted Forest every month to pick up the next installment.

I started off strong enough, but towards the end it was hard.
All that applique.


Each piece was sewn down by hand....

At least I didn't have to think about fabric....each kit had what I needed to make the block.

I did have to think about how it would be quilted....all that handwork....and I ended up sending it to the quilters for a random design. I did hand sew the binding to the back though!!
It is a good thing I still like it, being as old as it is...




It was hard to take pictures of....it has been so windy...and it was rainy a few days too. It measures 47" x 66"...it will go on a wall...
All I need to do now is figure out which wall....hopefully that will go faster than making it went.
It is a Joined at the Hip pattern by Avis Shirer and Tammy Johnson.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So pretty! I don't think I have a real country style applique quilt to my name... Maybe applique is not my forte... I ought to get a handle on it. Yours is beautiful.