"What are you doing for Easter?"
I would say going over to the in-laws for my absolute favorite thing....
HAM BALLS!!
...and so often the next question was....
"what are they???"
They are just the most delicious thing in the world.
Ham Balls1 lb. ground beef, 1 lb. ground pork, 1 lb. ground ham (I use my food processor)
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups crushed graham crackers
2 cups milk
(I also add some onion that is pulverized in the food processor when I am doing the ham)
Combine and mix well. Use a 1/3 cup to measure 25 meatballs.
(I usually get about 30 meatballs and split them between two 9x13 cake pans. And will freeze one of the pans after I have poured on the sauce)
The sauce...
1 can tomato soup
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
2 tsp. dry mustard
Bake at 350* for 1 hour
yummy
2 comments:
Sounds absolutely delicious! Hmmm. I can't get the graham crackers... or the tomato soup. Do you think bread crumbs and a can of tomaoes would work as well? Gulp. I don't think I've ever seen a pound of ham! They come four slices to a package in Japan... Maybe make EXPENSIVE hamballs!
I'm back again. I made your Ham Balls! I improvised. Was I supposed to brown the meat balls before baking? Well, I did and I just ate one Ham Ball (have to sample you know) and it was DELICIOUS! My hubby will be so happy with tonight's dinner!
Post a Comment