... and at the same time the most gentle uncle anyone could have.
when I think of him, I think of...
camping in the mountains, cut off from the rest of the world...it was magical.
For about 30 years he ran Triple O Outfitters in Idaho. Even though he recently sold the business, I found their website.
I found this picture and "stole" it....Hunting was a big part of the business. So was the Lewis and Clark trail ride they offered....I found a blog by juli thorson ....she had been on the trail ride. She describes things way better than I can.
Here is another stolen picture. This was taken when he took his 13 year old granddaughter (Gwen's daughter) hunting and she got her first bear!! That must have been about 5 years ago.
Here is another stolen picture. This was taken when he took his 13 year old granddaughter (Gwen's daughter) hunting and she got her first bear!! That must have been about 5 years ago.We will all miss him a lot.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear about your loss. He seems like a really interesting guy.
Here is one of my memories of Hop. It was Christmas Eve at Aunt Bonnie's house and Ken Freese stopped by with handcuffs from his security job. Hop decided it would be a good idea to handcuff me and Jill together. We let him do it but then Ken said he didn't have the keys. We had to call the police to come by and unlock us. The cop was not very happy with Hop. Just kidding. But it rhymed. Jennifer
Well, this is just too sad. He looks like an interesting guy!! I know you all will miss him!!!
Your little quilt will be treasured for sure!!
Post a Comment