The birds are coming back. We have this bird feeder out front. I have been trying to get a pictures of them feeding. Hard to do with our camera. Not a lot of zoom on it and you need to be very still when snapping the shot to avoid blurriness.
I sat down in a chair and stayed very still waiting for some action. The camera was out on my knee for stability. I took the picture this way, then cropped it right away in the camera for a closer look at the birds.
I put some grape jelly in the water dish. A bird came to inspect.
Ahhh....it is grape jelly down there, yummy!
Oh no, company has come. They squawk at each other and the baltimore oriole flies off.
They all want a taste of the good stuff.
This picture is more scary than it really is. This barn is about a 1/4 of a mile away. That night as the sun was setting, there was smoke in the air. I went to investigate, walking out to the corner of our property....it was a controlled fire in the grassy areas out at Union Slough ( read more here ) ... the fire was still miles away.
It just looked like it was right there behind the barn.
I knew I needed a tripod to get a non blurry photo using the zoom. I don't have one. I did find a big rock and set the camera on it. That seemed to do the trick. This was probably the best of all the photos I took.
4 comments:
The birds at your feeder are Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, not orioles. Very cool.
What kind of camera did you get? If it one that you can control you'll learn the settings an have not so blurry photos ;-)
Yes! What kind of camera do you have! Your pictures are great!
That barn shot IS really cool!
Post a Comment