Wednesday, May 4, 2011

making cards.....


The kids are making mother's day cards. While they colored, so did I.
I wanted to make my Mom a card too. 
My master pieces were brought home. They got a squirt of my spray paint.
One became an envelope.....


...the other got cut up. It was about then I remembered tractor joe's mom!
I needed to make two.


The outside of the cards were painted yellow and orange. My tool of choice is a sponge that I cut up into small sections...and use over and over again. 


I was going to make the black and white fabric a border, but.... at the last minute, it became the stems for the flowers. It just seemed right.


Two cards, I needed another envelope. I found a scrap paper....and added more spray paint.
My envelopes are pretty basic.....


After cutting it square, I fold it in half, pinching only the very edges.


It should be cut at a nice 45 degree angle, I eyeball it and snip.


All the flaps are folded in. Here I decide which way will be up.


......and then glue down three of the flaps.


Wasn't sure what I wanted on the inside. I ended up with a heart, black &white fabric strip and cut out letters from the newspaper ads.


Found some stickers to add, and flowers that were cut from an ad selling flower arrangements.
When I had cut them out, I had no idea where I would use them, they became the perfect thing here.


The 'happy' is black letter stickers and I made a frame with a white ink pen.
This took me most of the morning to finish.


Here they are in the mailbox! They left this afternoon!
Mother's Day sure does seem early this year.













4 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

I want to be your mom so I can get one of those cool cards in the mail!!!

roadtrip*treasures said...

Love the idea of cut out letters from ads, your so clever!

Sharon said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful! The moms will love them.

Thanks for sharing your photos and your process. I make cards too, and it's fun to see how others do it!

Micki said...

I love your cards..I am sure that they will love them!
Micki