Here is the ice box from Aunt Meta's basement. Tractor joe loves it. He washed it all up when we got it home. He wants to use is out in his shed. But not yet. His personal Men's Crisis Center is still a work in progress. So, for now, it is in the garage on top of the cupboard out there...just sitting there looking pretty.
If dirty, ratty old yarn make you queezy....
look away from the next picture.
close your eyes
or something.
The old quilt is a flimsy now. I took out all the yarn. While I was snipping and fighting the creepy crawlies from having to touch some of the dirty spots, I was also able to find the spots that the stitching is coming loose. Not many areas at all. I will be able to fix them with no problems.
(I hope)
One of the baskets had two frayed areas of fabric.
I will make a fabric band-aid that will blend right in.
(I hope)
Just needs a washing. I can't bear the thought of messing with this until it is cleaner. I gag to easy when it comes to dirty fabric.
Went out yesterday for more paint. The bottom sides of the chairs got a coat of red and the table now has yellow on it. Tractor joe picked this color out. He was very pleased when he saw it painted up. He thinks this should be the color of the swing. I agreed.
No standing there fighting, I mean debating what color it should be.
We just agreed, it should be yellow.
It will look nice painted yellow.
We need cushions yet. I did start sewing some.
But, that isn't what I ended up with.
I made myself a bag and a bunch of snap happy bags. They are made with an old measuring tape that is cut to size. It snaps shut. So cool. I laid them on the swing.
This is about what my cushions would look like, only bigger, if I had actually made cushions. I'll get to them yet.
The Jurassic Park quilt is SLOWLY coming together.
I forgot to lay it out this morning for a picture.
Next time I lay it out and work on it, I will take a picture.

10 comments:
Wow girlfriend, that is one of the nicest antique ice boxes I have seen. Wooooo, lucky you for ending up with it!!
All of your new little yard furniture is going to be sooo spiffy, and yes, IF and WHEN there is an actual agreement....go with it!!!
I like your bag and little snap pouches. It's nice to sew on something that will get finished...uh...like in the same day. I played and ripped up an old vest of daughters last night. The fronts are pretty thick/heavy duty because it is made up of folded fabric strips in a woven design. I am making 2 new potholders and 2 little coasters to use here at my sewing machine.
Everything looks good here, looks like you are being productive!
That ice chest is soooo gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of the Jurassic Park quilt.
It turns out, I haven't tuned into your blog since June 18. Somehow, when I get busy and don't blog, I seem to forget that life still goes on for everyone else. Lots of good stuff over the last month here! I love your new lawn furniture with its bright paint. Love the rescued quilt top and the doll quilts you made. How exciting to visit ISU with your big guy. I can't let so much time go between readings!
Why haven't I seen the ice chest before now? It looks really neat. If it were me, I'd want to have it inside the house....the yarn was inside the quilt? How?
you did a lot of work! Wow.. the quilt is going to be great
I am so glad that you are saving that old quilt. It will be a treasure when you are through with it. I love the yellow table. Thanks for sharing.
Love the bright colors you are using on the yard furniture!
WOW! You have been busy. Ice box look great,lovely rich wood. Love the yellow. Your bags are so cute, like the dark blue pull tabs.The basket quilt is going to be wonderful, the colors look brighter in this picture. You deserve a break, grab an ice tea and sit on your red chairs!
I vote for the ice chest to be in the house, its beautiful. I'll have to bike over to check out your outdoor projects soon. I like your new totes made with the measuring tape!
Ice Box deserves a place of honour..in your sewing room at least..not in shed. The old basket quilt is going to look great once repairs are done..a real treasure.
CathyC in Alberta
Post a Comment