I did 6 blocks for block lotto's mugs this month and it was so nice to use some of the small blocks that were sitting around. They were perfect for this. And it was so nice to be sewing today.
The trip to Duluth was great. My cousin had us stopping at thrift shops along the way.
There were a few things I couldn't pass up. I never left a shop empty handed.
A clock that chimes in bird songs.
Christmas fabric scraps and cute snowman fabric.
The blue is 7 yards, great for backing.
Christmas sheet music for Christmas postcards, letter stickers and
a pattern book.
I bought the sweater to cut up and make mittens. I was told it was to nice to cut up, so I will wear it for awhile, then maybe cut it up.
On Saturday, we drove up the north shore, on Lake Superior. It was above freezing, barely. There was a wonderful Nor'easter blowing across the lake along with rain. The waves were massive. We sat and watched them like fireworks. Ahhing and ooohing as they crashed ashore.
For as miserable as it was, we enjoyed out little adventure.
It was also the anniversary of Edmund Fitzgerald sinking.
I look like I should be doing weather for the Weather Channel.
What surprised us the most was seeing surfers out there.
Holy cow.
While we were here enjoying the weather...
Down in Iowa, tractor joe and my brother-in-law Jon were having their own fun. They went pheasant hunting. It was sunny and warm. No coat needed warm.
I never did ask if they got any birds.
Did everyone have a great day?...

10 comments:
Love seeing people enjoy life just as it is.
It looks like you made a good haul. And it sounds like it was a fun trip!
Love your cups for Block lotto.
Love your blocks. Don't you just love a day traveling along, and stopping when you want, and seeing things you don't usually see. Fabric and surfers, how much better can it get!
Your cups are so cute, the small blocks are a great addition. Great clock. I think you could do the weather. LOL!
Great mug blocks...bet hearing those birds during winter brings a smile!
love these mug blocks ! ok have to ask how are you going to make mittens from the sweater? I love mittens and you have me curious!
can't wait to see what you make with those christmas scraps!
Kathie
Love your BL mugs! What a clever idea using the little pieced squares. And congrats on your win last month! I'll bet you're already getting fun mail.
Love the photos of Lake Superior. I can't believe there were surfers out in that cold! That sure wasn't a typical California trip to the beach! :) Sounds like a fun day!
Oh My Goodness....I've been MIA and you go and make something cute! Your little cups/mugs are just too darn clever!
Love the Lake Superior photos. I HAVE been to Lake Superior myself a few years back. Your photos look just like what we experienced. I think we went sometime in late Sept. but the wind was blowing like a gale and it was sooooo darn cold we just could hardly stand it.
Hey, I have one of those bird clocks right here I would have let you have for free. It came out of the FIL's house when we cleaned it out.
We did have a great time. We will have to do it again.
Post a Comment