Wednesday, November 7, 2012

sewing.....


I started sewing small cherrywood scraps. This measures about 5 1/2 by 10. I think I will make it  a mug-rug. I don't do angles very easily. Things work better in my brain if they are squared up and perpendicular. 

I should have put the next thing up sooner.
Erin is making donation quilts for people who have been devastated by Hurricane Sandy.


She has a nice tutorial for making these blocks. I wasn't that crazy about the colors here...or maybe it is just the lack of contrast in the two of them.
Oh well, they are on their way to her!
 I am hoping that with all the other blocks she receives, they will fit right in. The quilts will be wonderful and full of scrappiness.

Depending on the weather, I am headed to Duluth this weekend. Some reports have freezing rain on Friday and snow on Saturday. Some reports say only cloudy skies.




4 comments:

Carol E. said...

I want to read your blog, but its really hard. Is it only my computer? When it is loading, there is white background behind your pics and words. But when it is done loading, the white background goes away, and the blue/gray lettering is against the orange/brown bigger background, and the words are really hard to read. I wonder if it is that way for others or just for me?

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh LOVE those cherrywood fabrics! Makes me want to work with some solids!! You will like this as a mug rug....sooo modern!

Your floral 'Sandy' blocks is such an easy fast block to make and is one of my favorites. I think yours looks ok, I especially like the blue floral there on the top right.

Well, I certainly hope your weather will be ok for this weekend, wouldn't want your trip to be canceled or have your fun messed up!!!

And.....of course, you know 'you rock'!!!!

Vesuviusmama said...

Your blocks work wonderfully with the others! One is already in a completed top, and the others will follow in quick succession. And what a cute little mini!

Karen H said...

The cherrywoods will make a great mug rug. Or you could save them and keep adding and eventually have a quilt! :)