Monday, November 5, 2012

local quilt show.....


On Friday evening, I helped set up for the quilt show. It took a couple hours.
Then Saturday afternoon, we took it all down.



They say there were 97 quilts.



None of mine were there.


I just took pictures of quilts I liked.


It sounds like it will happen again next year.


It goes along with the Fall Festival that the Community Club puts on.
Karen and I have a new goal.
We want to do Bonnie Hunter's Mystery
I think it starts right around the US Thanksgiving
...and have them hanging up next year.
It seems like such an easy thing right now, after all, next years show
is a WHOLE year away.
No sweat.


4 comments:

Ginny said...

I made her mystery last year and it was so much fun! I think I will try this one too. It's a relief that she says it's easier than the last one.....that one was a lot of work, but worth it in the end.
Thanks for the link!

Vesuviusmama said...

Good luck with the BH mystery quilt. I'll be watching them come alive all over blogland. I can't believe you hung up 97 quilts just to take them down the next day! That's a lot of work! But I wish I could have been there to see them all! Get one of yours in there next year!

Karen H said...

Great pictures! I took pics with my phone - I'll have to see how they turned out!

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW....97 quilts!!! That's a lot of work putting them up AND THEN taking them down in such a short period of time!!! Looks like some great quilts!
Seems you have a lot of quilters in your town! I don't know any besides myself in my little town... but then again, I don't get out much 'CAUSE I'M ALWAYS QUILTING!!! But I'm getting out today TO VOTE!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did read through Bonnie's post about the Mystery quilt. Since I'm not buying any fabric I was looking at my stash to see what I could come up with!
??????????????? I did the Roll Roll Cotton Boll, but waited until they finished before I decided to do it..........sigh.......I guess I don't like surprises. But maybe this time it would be fun to NOT KNOW until the end!