The preschool teacher and I had to go to Des Moines for school....all the sessions were about teaching blind students.We arrived about 10:00 pm on Monday night. We stayed in the hotel where the meetings were being held.
I was thrilled that one of the caches I could look for was only 387 feet away.
But being a chicken in the big city, I waited for daylight!
During the break that morning we headed over there.... only to be stumped...no cache anywhere.....
where are you little cache????

look down...
look under....
look all around....
talk to yourself and fit right in with locals hanging out....
ask the pole how things are going.
We did give up on this one and I logged a DNF....
another blue sad face for me.
Later in the afternoon I went out on my own.
I called my cousin and left a message that I was standing on 4th and Locust, how far away was he?
In no time at all he called back.
I told him I was geocaching the streets of downtown. He was only about 7 blocks away. He told me to keep heading west and he would be down to help me find a cache!
We were near ground zero....but the signals were dancing off the buildings.
We would go from 29 feet to 124 feet from the cache and we hadn't even moved.
We read the information again and then looked across the street.....
....it had to be over there it fit all the clues.
We stood there under the copycat photocopy sign and I looked up. I wondered if that bump thingy up there moved....my Hero of the Day jumped up and it moved!!!It MOVED!
thats it!....can you grab it on the next jump???
YES!!!!
YES!!!!
Then my hero had to go back to the office and explain what geocaching was.......at least he had a successful ending to his story!!!


1 comment:
Oh My....there you go with your ole
geocaching geeky self again!!! AND
in public...DOWNTOWN where everyone
could see....yeah...and dragging in your cousin too!
Uh....what's an urban micro???
Post a Comment