I was able to get the center of this quilt finished. Those cornerstones are a deep purple. They were supposed to be small stars too....but I wimped out and made them plain.....
I did have good intentions and had cut a bunch of 1 1/4 inch squares and strips that width too....I would still be working on this if I had gone with that plan.....
I think I will go shopping for the red that is the narrow border and then the deep purple is the wide border.
Sometimes I find a home for leftovers right away.....
The words for trick or treat are made from the strips of purple and ....
little baby pumkins were made using the little squares I had cut.....
The "boo" and itsy pumpkins didn't make the final cut here. (This one is actually finished, even quilted, but no binding.)
I'll get a picture taken soon!
This one is a BOM that I found...it has 6" blocks.
These gold stars are my creation....the pattern called for 4 appliqued angels....I wasn't up for that, being wimpy again....so I used the left over sewn strips from the golds and cut them up at 1 1/2" to make these little gold 9 patches.All the blocks for this quilt are done, they just need to be sewn together.
They are living in a zip-lock baggy for now.
I just don't know what to do with this one...... to finish it. I could add a border or not....I could put Christmas words around or not....
I could leave it as and use it for a table topper....it would be 42" square....
except...sigh.... it is so rare that my table is actually clear of stuff...it would be covered most of the time anyway. I will have to think about it.
2 comments:
Oh My....tons of quilty goodness
going on here. I am just Ga GA over the trick or treat!!!
Wow! Do you make some beautiful quilts!!!
Post a Comment