Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday's weather....

The weather isn't that interesting.....cloudy and about 50 degrees.......so I'll go with quilt stuff......

I have decided that I am going with the red fabric for all the sashing,


green for the corner stones,


my new holly print for the borders


and green for the binding......


I could still change my mind, but I want it simple and small. (link at the bottom)


I love it, I'm not sure I would marry it though.




Karen has been very busy with these Disappearing 9 Patches. This one is brown and pink. There is a baby in Wisconsin that will be recieving this when it is quilted!! Karen has earned her trip to the quilt show this weekend.
She is sewing up a storm!!!
Only 2 more work days to go!!
Then there is "Sweet Nostalgia".....it is just a printed out pattern so far.......





This is where I found them........(the blocks are 12 x 12......the witching hour post should open and on the side bar is the link to the school bus one.)


http://dorothybakerdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/10/sweet-nostalgia-october-witching-hour.html

Right now I am thinking these would be really fun to try some color tinting on......

I have colored pencils, watercolor pencils and LOTS of crayons....just not sure which to go with.....all three have been used........I think the crayons would have the most color options. So I have been google-ing and reading.....asking others what they know.....learning what I can about color tinting and stitching.

I'll experiment and get back to you on this........I am concentrating on the Christmas words right now though.....

http://gailpandesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/ .........this is the blog, the BOM Christmas words are in the sidebar. I hadn't looked in awhile....such pretty stuff there.......




No comments: