Friday, October 2, 2009

the halloween quilt....

When I was taking the photo of my little halloween quilt, I found the word "ick"

ICK would describe our weather the past 2 days.
Cool, windy and RAINY
We have had over 2 inches of rain....
and....
I broke down this evening. The temp in the house was around 60 degrees....sorta chilly....
I turned on the furnace.

I knew tractor joe would be home from his trip south and say, "man, its cold, shouldn't we turn on the furnace and see if it works?"
So I beat him to it.
Lovely warmth greeted him at the door when he walked in tonight. He was surprised.
anyway....
My trick or treat quilt..............needs binding, I know....I'll get to it eventually...


I love this wavy stitch my machine does. I bought it for the applique/banket stitch, and ended up finding this one to be my favorite. If quilting a small quilt with this stitch is wrong...

I don't wanna be right. There is something addicting about. I love sewing with it.

maybe I could at least cut the binding....as much as I love my wavy stitch, I go the opposite way when I think about binding.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Pretty trick or treat quilt. I've never seen the quilting like that! It is very effective.