Monday, February 15, 2010

authentic sweetwater

Several weeks back, on a very cold day,
(not much different from today or any other day around here).....
Karen and I went to The Quilted Forest in Forest City.
Karen was on a mission. She knew exactly what she wanted. She had even called to make sure they had the layer cake she wanted.
It's the Authentic Sweetwater fabric by Moda. She had fallen in love with it. There wasn't to much in the way of yardage, but she was able to find some border fabric too.
This quilt will be a gift....that is all I will say.

Karen knew she wanted to make a simple block she had seen. A rectangle within a square. That "modern" look.

We went to the books and found something that would work.
Since we weren't shopping for books that day.....
we committed the numbers to memory.
All she had to do was cut it with our memorized numbers.

Our memories aren't so good anymore.....

The block she ended up with is her own creation.
It is closer to a square in a square.

We loved the way it turned out....makes me want to go out and buy a layer cake.

For a gift, she also made a journal cover. I have one of those composition notebooks, I had started cutting up magazines with ideas for scrapbooking. Now I am wondering if I should make one too.






No comments: