Sunday, February 14, 2010

a love story for Valentine's Day

Part One: the engagement!
A long time ago I started making some bears paw blocks.
I liked the block and thought it would make a nice quilt.
I made a bunch of them.
But.....
I got tired of making them, so they were set aside.
(that seems to happen a lot around here)

I absolutely love a log cabin quilts.
So I started making these blocks too.
Man it takes a lot of blocks to make a quilt.....
Things happen, I start something else....
and the log cabin blocks sat around.
Waiting.....I don't know when exactly....
but at some point years and years ago.....

the lightbulb came on!!

HEY!!

these two sets of blocks are the same size!
It was at that point they became engaged.
Destined to be together forever in a quilt.

I would lay out the blocks to figure out what I still needed.
I would try different ways of putting them together.
They couldn't get married until the whole party

was ready for sewing.

I finally came up with a plan.
All the bears paws had arrived...
16 of them, they were ready,
but the poor log cabins, they had more family.

To finish the quilt square, I need 12 more log cabins.
To add another row to the top and bottom,
I would need 20 more.
Hmmmm....
I am going to go work on log cabin blocks.
lots of em....
These blocks have been engaged long enough,
it is time to marry them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They go together perfectly. Thatwill really be a neat quilt!

K