Saturday, February 13, 2010

The leftovers quilt....

As I was making that Carolina Christmas quilt remember?, I did a double sew deal.
After sewing the seam I needed, I sewed again about 3/8 inches from that seam.
When I cut off what I didn't need I ended up with 64 of these little pieces.
I squared them all up to 1 & 3/4 sq. inches.

Then I thought about it.
Looked at quilt blocks that might work.

And thought some more.

Finally I found a block that would work.....

All I needed to cut were more plain old squares at 1 & 3/4 inches.

I sewed one block and liked it....
so I sewed some more.

I now have 3 blocks to ready to go....

I even have a plan for the layout of the 8 blocks I'll end up with!
Karen was over this afternoon and she approved of the plan.

So I will go for it.

She also had one more finished quilt! It is a big one, but oh-so-simple!!